Sunday, July 22, 2012

Emotional Roller Coaster *cue Vivian Green*


Ok so... as you know, I'm a Family Medicine physician. I absolutely LOVE what I do but boy can it be a roller coaster ride FULL of highs, lows and in betweens!! All in one week I can go from sheer joys, to sadness, to anger, to laughing my proverbial butt off. I've had the pleasure of being there to tell a couple who's tried for years to conceive that they are gonna be parents, I've had numerous opportunities to be there when a family welcomes their newest member. By the same token though, I've had to tell a mom the words she dreads hearing "I'm sorry, we can't find a heartbeat",as well as tell a family their Mom's cancer is back...


Don't even get me started on the things that just point blank piss me off *rolls eyes* that's a whole 'notha post.


Now as far as the things that make me laugh...Picture it...Tuscaloosa...2012


Scene: *walking through the hospital today*


Random Lady: Excuse me, you work here?
Me: "yes ma'am, how may I help you?" 
Random Lady: Can you tell PLEASE her *pointing to friend* that you CAN catch Diabetes!"
Me: *blank stare* Umm...well no...you don't really CATCH it... *goes on to explain Diabetes*
RL's friend: Told you!! THANK YOU!!
Me: Glad I could help... *slowly walks away*




ROLLER COASTER I tell ya!


I feel like I've been blessed beyond measure to have been chosen for this profession. I pray everyday that I my patients see Christ in me...that He provide the words for me to say during their most difficult times and He has been faithful in doing just that! That's it for now I guess *giggle*


~DivaDoc OUT!!


2 comments: